A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO COMPLETING THE KYC PROCESS FOR PERSONAL ACCOUNT AT NIOC EXCHANGE
The KYC, or Know Your Customer is a crucial process at the NIOC Exchange. Through the KYC process for personal account, we verify the identity and funds of each member and ensure that they work in compliance with the rules and regulations put forward by the government.
Users will have to mandatorily complete the KYC process when pre-registering/ registering on our platform.
This guide is put together to help you get verified successfully right in the first attempt. We will keep on updating this guide to reflect any relevant changes as well.
If you haven’t read the KYC Requirements for Personal Account Guide, we advise that you go through it before continuing further.
How To Complete Your
The KYC process remains almost similar for both new as well as existing accounts. The only change we could point out will be the preliminary steps where;
- You are to register an account if you are a new user;
- Or, log in and begin the KYC process if you are an existing user.
Once you have registered an account as a new user, you will shortly receive a confirmation email. Click on the link in the confirmation email to get your account verified.
After verification, log in to your account and initiate the KYC process by choosing the type of account you would like to open – Personal or Corporate Account.
As this post is about personal account, you will be clicking on the ‘Personal Account’ tab.
- Name (First Name, Middle Name, Last Name) – As given in your documents, enter your name here.
E.g. If your name is John Maverick Cohen, enter John Maverick Cohen in the form too (John in the first name, Maverick in the middle name, and Cohen in the last name field). In case, you don’t have a middle name, leave the field empty.
- Date of Birth – Enter your date of birth in the format DD/MM/YYYY.
E.g. If you were born on 1st March 1980, you are to enter 01/03/1980.
Also keep in mind that you should be at least 18 years old if you wish to apply for a NIOC Exchange account.
- Mobile Number – Enter your valid mobile number. Do not include the country code in the beginning.
- Nationality – Enter the country where you hold a legal citizenship or the country where you were born.
E.g. if you were born in Estonia, enter Estonian.
Once you have filled all the fields, please cross check all your details one last time to make sure you have made no typos or errors. This will help speed up your verification process. Click submit and head over to the next section.
Enter the full address as given in your KYC document. Please fill the Street, Door No., Address Line, Country, State, City, and Zip in their respective fields and not in the same text box.
As stated earlier, cross check your address to eliminate any errors, and click the submit button to proceed to the next section.
Depending on your country of residence, carefully upload the set of KYC documents that abide with our requirements.
- ID Document
We only accept a valid identification document issued by the government. Additionally, the ID document should also hold your picture on it. We accept the following identifications:
- International Passport
- National Identification Card
- Permanent Residence Card
When uploading the identification documents, we want them to meet the following criteria before we can verify your account.
- All the four edges of the document should be completely visible.
- The submitted ID document should be signed and the signature is should be clearly visible.
- Any documents that appear to be masked or altered will not be accepted.
- Please provide a colour scan or picture of the documents. Photocopies of the documents will not be accepted.
- Proof of Address
The second document we require under the document section is your proof of address. The documents submitted shouldn’t be more than 3 months older and your name and residential address should be clearly mentioned in them. We accept the following documents as proof of address:
- Utility bill linked to the residential property. Though gas, electricity, internet, water, and landline telephone bills are accepted, mobile phone bills and parking invoices will be rejected.
- Dated bank statement under your name. However, bank references, insurance policies, pension statements, and transfer receipts will not be accepted.
- A correspondence issued by the government. Documents issued by any NGO, private companies, or other non-official authorities won’t be accepted.
Furthermore, make sure that your documents meet the below criteria so that it passes our verification process.
- The entire document should be in Latin characters (a-z). In case you document happen to be in non-supported characters, please reach out to our customer support team and provide them with the translated copies in English.
- Your address in the document should be exactly the same as the one you input under your residential address field.
- The address document should hold your legal name.
- The document shouldn’t be older than 3 months in case of bank statements and utility bills, and not older than 6 months in case of government-issued correspondence.
- Make sure all four edges of the documents are completely visible.
- The document you submit should clearly include your name, address, issue date, and issuer name.
- Your document must be of at least 300 DPI quality in the file formats PDF, JPEG, JPG, or PNG.
- Your document size shouldn’t be larger than 5 MB.
Once again you are to verify your account before clicking the submit button to move to the next section.
Selfie With ID and Handwritten Note
Read the content below carefully, as this is one section in the KYC process that most of the people get wrong which leads to their account verification getting delayed.
Under this section, you are to upload a selfie photo of yourself. But the catch, you have to click a good quality photo of yourself holding your KYC ID in your left hand, and a handwritten note reading ‘NIOC Exchange, Today’s Date (E.g. 4th Dec 2019), and Your Signature’ in your right hand.
Please refer the image below to get a clearer picture of the selfie photo we expect here.
Click the submit button to proceed to the final section.
Accept Terms and Conditions
In the last section, you will agree to our terms and conditions by ticking the checkbox.
Click the submit button and congratulations you have successfully completed NIOC Exchange’s KYC process for a personal account.
What Happens Next?
Once you click the final submit button, all your personal information and documents reach us for the verification process. Once we verify your account, you will be notified via email. The verification process might take anywhere from 1-3 days depending on the volume of signups we see. Though we work hard to be as fast as possible, it is better to complete the KYC process at the earliest.
If in case we don’t approve your account verification, you will receive an email with the possible reason, and you will be asked to make the necessary changes so that we can reverify.