KYC is the abbreviated form of ‘Know Your Customer’ and it includes all the documents necessary to establish the identity of an individual.
At NIOC Exchange, our KYC is specifically curated to prevent illegal activities like corruption, money laundering, etc. Rather than just a legal requirement, KYC will also help us offer you quality services.
When you pre-register/ register with NIOC Exchange, you are to submit certain documents as well as personal information required for the successful completion of our KYC process. Before you proceed further, here is a list of KYC requirements you ought to fulfil when pre-registering with us.
What Are the Verification Requirements?
Before you start, please note that you should be of at least 18 years of age if you wish to trade with us.
- Personal Information
- First Name
- Middle Name (Only if applicable)
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Door No
- Address Line
- Photo ID
- Back Side Photo ID
You are to submit a valid identification with a picture issued by the government. The acceptable identifications are:
- International Passport
- National Identification Card
- Permanent Residence Card
Please be reminded that other identification documents which are not mentioned in the above list won’t be accepted such as military cards, health cards, temporary permits, and electoral cards.
- Proof of Address
- Proof of Additional Document
The accepted list of residential address proof includes the following. All the documents shouldn’t be older than 3 months and should state your name and residential address.
- Utility bill linked to the residential property. Though gas, electricity, internet, water, and landline telephone bills are accepted, mobile phone bills and parking invoices will be rejected.
- Dated bank statement under your name. However, bank references, insurance policies, pension statements, and transfer receipts will not be accepted.
- A correspondence issued by the government. Documents issued by an NGO, private companies, or other non-official authorities won’t be accepted.
Take a look at the KYC Process for Personal Account to make your way easier through the pre-registration/registration process.
- Selfie with ID and Handwritten Note
Under this step, we will confirm your identity and ensure your account is secure by asking a good quality photo of yourself holding a photo ID and a handwritten note showing ‘NIOC Exchange, Today’s Date, and Your Signature’ – a selfie photo.
- Accept Terms and Conditions
Finally, in the last section of our online application form for pre-registration/ registration, you are to accept all the terms and conditions by checking the box.
And, voila! You are done filling the KYC process. Just hit the submit button and we will verify your details. Upon successful authentication, you will be notified through email.
In case you wish to open a corporate account take a look at the KYC Requirements for Corporate Account.