Whether you believe it or not, cryptocurrency is slowly becoming regulated. Therefore, if you wish to trade or continue trading on some of the most popular crypto exchanges, the chances are you will most likely have to complete the KYC verification process.
Similarly, we have a KYC verification process we follow when on-boarding new users on NIOC Exchange. To be clear, we follow two different KYC verification processes for personal accounts and corporate accounts.
In this guide, we will walk you through the verification process for a corporate account. You can check out the KYC requirements for a corporate account before proceeding further.
How To Complete Your
The KYC process for both new as well as the existing users remains the same except for the preliminary step where;
- You register an account if you are a new user;
- Or, log in with your credentials and begin the KYC process if you are an existing user.
When you register an account as a new user, you will receive a confirmation email. Click on the link to get your account confirmed.
Following confirmation, you can begin the KYC process after logging in. As you are to register a corporate account, click on the ‘Corporate Account’ tab in the first page.
- Company Name – As given in the documents, enter your company name here.
E.g. If your company name is NIOC Exchange, enter NIOC Exchange in the form too.
- Company Address – Enter you full address as given in your KYC document. Please fill the street, address, line, country, state, city, and County Code (Zip) in the text box.
- Company Tax/ VAT ID – Enter you company’s tax identification number.
- Incorporation Date – Enter the date of incorporation of your company. Generally, the incorporation date is the date when the company receives articles of incorporation.
- Country of Incorporation – Enter the country in which your company is legally registered.
- Registration or Incorporation Number – Enter your company’s incorporation number.
Once you are done filling all the information, cross-check all the details once before clicking the submit button and moving to the next section.
Under this sector, we require an authorized person/authority from the company to fill his personal information in the required fields.
- Applicant’s Name – As given in your documents, enter your name here.
E.g. If your name is John Maverick Cohen, enter John Maverick Cohen in the form too.
- Applicant’s Country – Enter the country where you reside in.
- Applicant’s State – Enter the state where you reside in.
- Applicant’s Job Title – Enter your job title at the company you work at.
- Address Line – Enter your residence address.
- Applicant’s City – Enter the city where you reside in.
- Zip – Enter your residence’s ZIP code.
- Applicant’s Phone Number – Enter your contact number.
- Reason To Apply Enterprise-Level Identity Authentication – Enter the reason why you chose to register a corporate account over a personal account.
Company ID Document
- Proof of Address (Document of Ownership, Rental Agreement, or Lease Agreement)
- Certificate of Incorporation and Business Registration
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Ownership and Control Structure
- Minutes to Open Account Document
- List of all Directors
- Certificate of Standing Document
- Company Bank Statement Document
- Certificate Incumbency Document
- Authorized Signature List Document
- Proof of Additional Document
When uploading the documents, make sure that your documents meet the below criteria so that it passes our verification process.
- All the four edges of the document should be completely visible.
- The submitted ID document should be signed and the signature is should be clearly visible.
- Any documents that appear to be masked or altered will not be accepted.
- Please provide a colour scan of the documents. Photocopies of the documents will not be accepted.
- The entire document should be in Latin characters (a-z). In case you document happen to be in non-supported characters, please reach out to our customer support team and provide them with the translated copies in English.
- Your address in the document should be exactly the same as the one you input under your company address field.
- The address document should hold the authorized individual’s legal name.
- Make sure all four edges of the documents are completely visible.
- The document you submit should clearly include the company name, address, issue date, and issuer name.
- Your document must be of at least 300 DPI quality in the file formats PDF, JPEG, JPG, or PNG.
- Your document size shouldn’t be larger than 5 MB.
Cross-check the documents uploaded and click the submit button to move to the most important section of the KYC process.
upload selfie -Authorized Individual’s Photograph With ID and Handwritten Note
Read the content below carefully, as this is one section in the KYC process that most of the people get wrong which leads to their account verification getting delayed.
Under this section, you are to upload a photo of the authorized individual. Please learn the guidelines for taking the photo below.
- The authorized person should be holding the KYC ID in his left hand
- A handwritten note reading, ‘NIOC Exchange, Today’s Date (E.g. 4th Dec 2019), and The Authorized Individual’s Signature’ should be held in his right hand
- Take the photo in a room with enough light
- Hold both the documents right next to the face
- Ensure both the Authorized Individual’s face and the ID are clear in the photo
In case, the authorized individual of the company changes, you are to inform us so that we can take the necessary steps to incorporate the changes in your account.
Please refer the image below to get a clearer picture of the photo we expect here.
Click submit and head to the final section.
Accept Terms and conditions
In this final section of the corporate KYC process, you will tick the checkbox to accept our terms and conditions.
And, then you click the submit button one last time to successfully complete NIOC Exchange’s KYC process for a corporate account.
What Happens Next?
All your corporate information will reach us for verification as soon as you press the final submit button. We will verify your information, and this may take anywhere from 1 – 3 days. Once your account is accepted, you will be informed via email.
If in case we decide to not accept your account verification request, we will send you an email with the reason. You can then make the changes and resubmit for us to reverify.